- Physical training: We provide certified strength and conditioning specialists that will create and administer physical training programs designed specifically for your organization. The programs are designed around your specific needs and timelines.
- Tactical Athlete Training: This program combines mission-specific tactics, resistance exercises, endurance training and marksmanship training. The goal of this program is to increase speed, strength, and marksmanship capabilities, which translates into better performance on the battlefield or on the job.
- Biometric Testing: We track heart rate as personnel navigate training scenarios, obstacle courses and shoot houses. This allows commanders to gain greater awareness and clarity on the most significant stressors to their personnel. We can also use this information to help clients learn how to stay calm in stressful situations.
- Resiliency Training: Our resiliency programs are designed to help personnel overcome stressful situations and return to full duty after those situations. The program incorporates a holistic approach, which includes sleep hygiene, physical fitness, basic nutrition and transition training.
- Train the Trainer Course: We teach unit leaders how to create physical training programs for their organizations. The course covers how to start a fitness program, how to maintain a program, and how to ensure everyone improves their overall fitness level. The class is 4 hours long and can be taught anywhere.
- Reverse Work Up: The reverse work up program is designed to help service members transition home following deployments. The program is made up of physical and mental rehabilitation programs, structured exercise programs focused on recovery, nutrition, and sleep hygiene.
- Research: We have expertise in human performance, human physiology, and post deployment health. We develop research protocols, collect and analyze data, and create reports.
- Curriculum Development: We create customized curriculums for your training needs. Canaan Heard completed the United States Marine Corps Formal School Management Course in 2012.
- Scenario Training: We create scenarios and provide role players for training. Scenarios cover everything from shooter situations to casualty evacuation.
Current and Previous Clients:
New Orleans Military and Maritime Academy
LSU Women’s Basketball
New Orleans SWAT Team
United States Navy
Mississippi National Guard
United States Marine Corps
Led by Dr. Penny Wilson
The Initial Coaching Session is where we start working together. The topics covered in this 75 minute session, and all sessions, are based on your goals, issues, problems and questions. Examples of topics we can cover include:
- Fitting healthy eating into your busy schedule so you know what to eat and when. This means you’ll have a plan for your food and when to eat so you’ll have energy through your day and your training.
- Addressing stomach or GI issues that are interfering with your training.
- Figuring out a starting point of what to eat and when to lose or gain weight that works with your training. We work together to develop a realistic plan that lets you achieve your weight goals while achieving your training goals.
- Provide basic guidelines for fueling before, during, and after workouts so that you can have great workouts and recover faster.
- Review your sleep schedule and quality. Getting great and enough sleep directly impacts your ability to recover and get stronger as well as to lose or gain weight. We’ll talk about how to get better and more sleep.
3 Session Package
We start with an Initial Coaching Session described above and follow it with two, 50 minute nutrition coaching sessions. The topics covered during the follow-up sessions are based on your goals, issues, and questions. We’ll review what has and hasn’t worked from the prior sessions and make adjustments. Often, getting the puzzle pieces to fit together takes some time and adjustment of how the pieces meet.
Additional 50 Minute Nutrition Coaching Sessions
You can add as many additional 50 minute follow-up sessions as needed to get the nutrition pieces of your puzzle firmly together.
Nutrition Accountability Coaching
Do you need more accountability to reach your goals? Do you like extra support when making changes in your life? Then this package is for you. Based on your goals, issues and questions, we’ll develop a plan during the Initial Coaching Session that includes two follow-up sessions per month and email check-ins between follow-up sessions. If you’re serious about getting the nutrition puzzle pieces together and achieving your goals – particularly weight loss – this package is for you. You’ll have weekly support so you’re not alone during your journey.